Are you a licensed MD, DO, PA, or RN looking to expand your career options? Life Safety Institute's revolutionary EMT Challenge for Medical Professionals (EMT-CMP) Bridge Program is your pathway to become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with limited effort! Our bridge program is specially designed to leverage your existing medical knowledge and skills, facilitating a streamlined path to becoming an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Eligibility: Open to licensed MD, DO, PA, and RN professionals.
- Tailored Curriculum: Customized, short-duration training building on your existing medical skills and knowledge.
- Practical Training: Engage in real-world, hands-on training supervised by experienced EMTs and healthcare educators.
- Community Engagement: Benefit from our partnerships with local hospitals, ambulance services, and healthcare providers.
- Outcomes: Enhance the quality and speed of emergency responses, expand your professional roles, and contribute to community well-being.
What is the EMT-CMP Bridge Program?
The EMT-CMP Bridge Program is a unique educational offering tailored for medical professionals. Recognizing the depth of knowledge and experience that MDs, DOs, PAs, and RNs bring to the table, the program is structured to challenge and validate their existing competencies while filling in the specific knowledge and skills required for EMT certification.
Benefits of the Program
Efficient Learning Curve: Given your background in medicine, the program fast-tracks your journey to becoming an EMT. It acknowledges your prior learning and experience, thus reducing the time and effort required compared to traditional EMT programs.
Career Expansion: As an EMT, you'll gain a new perspective on patient care, especially in emergency settings. This can be a valuable addition to your skillset, enhancing your versatility as a healthcare professional.
Community Impact: EMTs play a critical role in the healthcare system, particularly in emergency situations. By becoming an EMT, you'll be extending your ability to serve and make a difference in your community.
Program Structure and Content
The EMT-CMP Bridge Program at Life Safety Institute is meticulously structured. It covers all the essential areas of emergency medical care but does so in a way that respects the knowledge base of seasoned medical professionals. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Pre-hospital care
- Trauma management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Pediatric and obstetric emergencies
- Operational aspects of emergency medical services
EMT Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of our EMT program you will be eligible to test for the National Registry of EMTs - Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) Exam. Please make sure your State EMS office accepts NREMT certification for State licensure. Life Safety Institute is approved by the New Hampshire Bureau of EMS to deliver EMS education and licensed by the New Hampshire Department of Education.
Don't forget to take a look at our pass rates.
Admission Criteria and Process
To be eligible for the EMT-CMP Bridge Program, applicants must:
- Hold a current license as an MD, DO, PA, or RN in New Hampshire.
- Demonstrate a commitment to expanding their medical expertise.
Successful completion of this program requires clinical hours and skills. View our Clinical Affiliations and requirements.
The EMT Challenge for Medical Professionals (EMT-CMP) Bridge Program offered by Life Safety Institute in New Hampshire is more than just a certification course; it's a career-enhancing opportunity for medical professionals looking to make a greater impact in their field. By bridging the gap between traditional healthcare roles and emergency medical services, this program empowers medical professionals to extend their reach of care to the community in times of need.